Within the framework of the establishment of the Integrated Water Management Network, UNESCO Chair in Water Resources held on 26 April 2017 the first meeting of stakeholders, the meeting was attended of a number of specialists in the field of water resources management management. The meeting discussed ways to activate the network and how to implement it on the ground and the ways to ensure its need.
The meeting concluded the following
1. The meeting agenda was approved
2. Insurance on the need to proceed with the establishment of the network
3. Preparation of an expanded workshop for further consultation
4. Proposing a steering committee for the network until it is completed
5. The current secretariat of network shall continue to function until the establishment of the network has been completed